Depending on the apprenticeship offered, you can earn money while being trained on the job AND get qualifications including a degree, A-levels, NVQs, etc.
You don't need to be a tradesman if you don't want to, there are many different types of apprenticeship.
There are more apprenticeships available now than ever before.
The apprenticeship website is huge as it's for apprentices, employers, parents, colleges and more, so here are some sections you might be interested in if you just want a quick look:
Types of apprenticeship
(If there are no current vacancies, remember to register and set up an email alert)
Videos & Pics
Videos of interviews etc. & images in the media gallery
Search for an apprenticeship
Search for an apprenticeship in the local area by searching for Apprenticeship / East Sussex
Apprenticeships on Twitter
Follow @Apprenticeships on Twitter
New! - Local apprenticeships website
Follow @SussexVacancies on Twitter
Frequently Asked Questions
The following PDF document from Connexions 360 contains a huge amount of information about apprenticeships including (and much more!):
- What are apprenticeships?,
- Who can be an apprentice?
- Entry requirements?
- How much do apprentices get paid?
- Types and levels of apprenticeships available
- How long is Apprenticeship?
- Benefits of being on an Apprenticeship
- Career progression
- Apprenticeship Vacancies, an online service & other sources of Apprenticeship
- Finding the right Training Provider
- Tips for young people wanting to apply for an Apprenticeship, preparing for interviews & Financial Support
- Useful Information, Materials and Resources including National case studies by sector, YouTube& My Future Sussex website