|1 & 2
||Melodrama and Naturalism
- What are the key features of a successful ‘melodrama’?
- How can we use physical skills when devising a piece of ‘melodrama’?
- How can we use vocal skills when devising a piece of ‘melodrama’?
- How can we evaluate the success of our artistic decisions?
- How can we demonstrate sensitivity and empathy through devising a piece of ‘melodrama’?
- How can we attempt to understand a situation from different view-points?
- How can we consider the ‘road to safety’?
- How can ‘comedy’ be created through physical movement and ‘repetition’?
- How does a playwright develop mood, atmosphere and structure in a dramatic scene?
|3 & 4
||Staging and Design
What do we need to consider when setting and staging a large cast scene?
What are the different staging forms?
How should we consider ‘site-specific’ drama?
How can we use space effectively in order to communicate relationships between characters?
|5 & 6
- How can we respond creatively to a poem as a stimulus?
- How can we respond creatively to song lyrics as a stimulus?
- How can we respond creatively to visual images as a stimulus?
- How can we analyse and evaluate our own contribution and that of others?