Parents can now purchase items of uniform on line or in person from:
6-7 Castleham Road,
Castleham Industrial Estate
Tel: 01424 852225
(Location in Google maps)
Rye College Dress Code:
At Rye College, we take pride in our appearance at all times and ask families to help us in ensuring that students always wear correct school uniform. We expect students to take pride in their personal appearance and in wearing their school uniform. Their clothes should be clean and smart and shoes should be polished. Attention to personal hygiene and grooming is also important.
Please note, our dress code requirements are gender-neutral.
Plain black footwear
- No white or coloured marks, signs or stripes
- No coloured laces
- No boots
- No heels
Plain black smart trousers
- No denim
- No cords
- No tracksuit bottoms
- No leggings/legging style (stretchy material)
- No trousers tucked into socks
Plain black knee length skirt or pinafore dress
- To be worn with black opaque tights or black knee-high socks
White shirt & tie
- Long or short sleeved to be worn with a Rye College tie:
- Striped tie for Y7, Y8 & Y9
- Plain purple tie for Y10 & Y11
Purple Rye College polo shirt
- To be worn during the summer term
Rye College blazer
- Must be worn at all times.
- In warm weather, students are permitted to remove their blazers.
- For health and safety reasons, no items of jewellery (including necklaces, rings, bracelets etc) are allowed except a watch and a single stud in each ear
- Other piercings are not permitted, students will be asked to remove them.
- Colour must be natural
- Conventional styles without fashion statements or adornments.
- Long hair must be tied back when health and safety rules apply
- Plain headscarves in school colours may be worn for religious or cultural reasons
- Any makeup worn should be appropriate for the workplace.
- For health and safety reasons, no nail varnish or acrylic/gel nails are to be worn.
- In times of bad weather, suitable top coats should be worn
- Red 1/4 zip jumper
- Red sports training t-shirt
- Plain black jogging bottoms/shorts
- Plain black sports legging with Rye College logo
- Plain black skort
- Red socks
- Comfortable jogging bottoms or leggings (no less than 3/4 length, with no zips or toggles)
- Loose fitted t-shirt for comfort (girls may wish to wear a leotard or vest underneath), no midriff showing
- Students are required to work in barefoot for their own safety.
Required daily essentials:
1 working red, blue and black pen
1 HB pencil
1 ruler (at least 15cm long)
1 Rye College planner with no graffiti on it
1 scientific calculator (can be purchased through the College)
1 geometry set
1 Reading book
Equipment for art lessons (KS3)
These items are available to be purchased cheaply through the college.
PVA glue, tape, coloured pens and pencils and a set of watercolour paints will be required for home learning.
The planner is used for the following:
- A record of all homework and the date it is due to be returned
- A record of all rewards and commendations
- A record of their academic progress
- Communication between parents and tutors in the comments page
- A record of all detentions which parents should sign
- Record of their lesson and homework timetable
- Details of important events in the school year
Please look over your child’s planner and sign it each week. Their Form Tutor will also check over it and sign it each week as will their Year Head from time to time. In this way, your child will know that we are all interested in their progress. Do not wait for your child to show their planner to you – ask for it every day when they get home from school!
There is a space for ‘Comments’ at the end of each week. This space may be used by your child’s Form Tutor to send a message to you, or you may send a message in to school in the same way. Please make as much use as possible of this means of communication, but always write to us more formally (in a sealed envelope) about absence and more confidential or personal matters.
Students are expected to carry bags that are suitable for holding books and equipment. Bags should be plain, dark with no obtrusive logos, slogans or patterns and be large enough to carry an A4 folder. Please note, rucksacks and backpacks are best for back health.
Please note: Electronic devices such as mobile phones, iPods, MP3 players, iPads, games consoles should be switched off during lessons. Such devices are the responsibility of the individual and brought at your own risk.