Our aim is to provide students at Rye College with the knowledge and skills necessary to continue, and succeed in their education post-16, including employment and higher education. In doing so, students will receive impartial information, advice and guidance related to examinations, choices, courses, routes through education, the labour market and the world of work. Our students will gain the relevant employability skills to enable them to succeed in their chosen route after leaving Rye College.
Investors In Careers
From 31st March 2017, all careers standard awards began to follow a national set of standards - The Quality in Careers Standard. Investors in Careers is proud to be one of only 12 Licensed Awarding Bodies in England and Wales. This really is one of the highest accolades an organisation can receive for excellence in this area of work and is definitely something the award holder can be very proud of. The Quality in Careers Standard is about improving students’ awareness of opportunities, raising their aspirations and working with them to ensure they achieve their full potential.
In 2014, 2017 and 2021 Rye College gained the Investors in Careers Award. This demonstrated our commitment to provide impartial, independent careers education, information, advice and guidance to all young people and is something we strive to continue to do.
In June 2021 we were thrilled to receive the award for the 3rd consecutive time. The new expectations and criteria required us to demonstrate excellence in careers provision and the college’s ability to meet the 6 Gatsby Benchmarks:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with Further and Higher Education
- Personal guidance
Some of the strengths of the Careers provision that were identified in our re-assessment are highlighted below:
- Strong Senior Management and Governor support and a whole school approach to CEIAG
- A very committed and well-organised Careers Leader, who engages well with other members of staff to deliver a comprehensive CEIAG programme and is highly valued by students, teachers, parents/carers and external partners
- Excellent documentation for CEIAG, including the provision of very detailed evidence for the Investor in Careers reassessment
- A very comprehensive careers section on the college website
- A commitment to evaluation and continuous improvement
We now look forward to making our careers provision even better, with a huge focus on Gatsby benchmark 5: Encounters with employers and employees, and Gatsby benchmark 6: Experiences of workplaces.
For further information please visit the Investors in Careers Website